Cwmdu Sustainable Environment Group
helping the community to a sustainable future
Croeso ~ Welcome
Who We Are
CSEG (formerly known as the Cwmdu Sustainable Energy Group) was formed in 2007 by a group of Cwmdu residents who were looking to share their experiences of energy saving and to help promote sustainable activities within the local community.
Currently the Group has 22 members who correspond regularly and meet monthly. We have adopted a constitution and have close links with other community groups in the local area. The Group is also a member of The Green Valleys, a company which promotes and supports sustainability across the whole Brecon Beacons National Park area. In January 2012 CSEG was awarded nearly £15,000 by the Local Energy Assessment Fund (LEAF).
What We Do
Currently the Group is actively involved in:
• Managing Fedw Wood
• Conducting regular bio-diversity audits
• Promoting hydro, solar and geo-thermal forms of electric micro-generation
• Using thermal imaging to identify heat loss in homes
• Encouraging better home insulation
• Reducing energy use in Cwmdu Village Hall
• Repairing and restoring local dry stone walls
• Exploring community transport initiatives including car sharing and the progressive use of electric, hybrid and bio-fuel vehicles
• Promoting the growth and marketing of local produce within Cwmdu
• Organising regular litter picks in partnership with Keep Wales Tidy
• Ensuring an appropriate street lighting regime in the early hours of the morning
• Supporting local events
Chairman: Robin O'Brien
Secretary: Chris Evans
Treasurer: Nick West
More detailed information on the activities listed above can be found via the top right-hand side panel.
As well as helping to promote sustainability, CSEG members have the opportunity of meeting and working with new people, increasing their knowledge of Cwmdu and its surrounds and developing useful practical skills. The Group also offers its members a unique opportunity to 'get outside' and discover firsthand that common purpose and endeavour can be enjoyable in a variety of ways!
New members are always welcome. Please contact our Secretary, Chris Evans , on (01874) 730351.